This article describes how to go about removing and deleting an existing Exchange account on your iPhone or iPad. This can be useful if you need to rebuild your cached data or need to reconfigure your account. To delete an existing Exchange account on your iOS device, please try the following:
- Click the Settings Button on the Home screen
- Select the Mail, Contacts, and Calendars option
- Select your Exchange Account
- Press the red Delete Account button
This will completely remove your Exchange Account from your iPhone, including E-mail, Contacts, and Calendar.
Configure Your iPhone for Lanlogic Hosted Exchange 2010
- From the device’s main screen, go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendar > Add Account > Exchange.
- Email address: Enter your Hosted Exchange email address, for example: email@example.com.
- Password: Type in your password
- Tap next.
- The device may fail stating that your mail server certificate is incorrect, tap Accept,
- Tap next.
- The device will verify the server.
- Enable contacts (off by default, activate as you wish).
- Save the settings.
If your phone prompts your for additional information:
Username: your email address
By default the iPhone and iPad will only sync the last week’s worth of mail. To sync older messages do the following:
- Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendar
- Tap on the Exchange account
- Tap on “Mail days to sync” and select from ”1 week” to “1 Month.” “No Limit” will sync all messages in your mailbox.