This article describes how to set up Entourage on a Macintosh so that it will connect to the Lanlogic Hosted Exchange Server.
First we need to verify that we have Entourage 2008 Web Services Edition. Open Entourage. Go to the Entourage menu and select About Entourage.
If you have a version lower than 12.2.7, you will need to update Entourage to Entourage 2008 Web Services Edition. If you do not have this software, we recommend upgrading to Microsoft Outlook 2011 or using Apple Mail.
Remove your existing mail account
We will first need to remove the existing mail account before adding the new one.
- Select Tools, and then Accounts.
- Select your existing account, and select the Delete “-“ button.
Add a new email account
Configuring Entourage Web Services Edition
- From the Entourage Menu, select Account Settings.
- From the New menu in Accounts, select Exchange.
- In the E-mail address field, enter the email address for the account you want to add to Entourage. Make sure the box for “My account is on an Exchange server” is checked and click the right arrow at the bottom of the screen.
- If you are prompted to allow mail.myhostedexchange.com to configure your settings, check the box that says “Always use my response for this server” and click on Allow.
- In the Account Information screen, enter:
Account ID: your email address
Password: your password
Check the box for Save password and click OK.
- If your settings were entered correctly and your autodiscover record is properly configured, you will see the Automatic Configuration Succeeded screen. Click the right arrow at the bottom of the screen.
- In the Verify and Complete settings screen, leave the defaults and click on the right arrow at the bottom of the screen.
- Click the Verify My Settings button. You should get confirmation that your settings have been successfully verified. Click on the right arrow at the bottom of the window.
- Give the account a name and click Finish.